In May 2014, we commenced a 20-year contract to operate a new dedicated oil and gas support facility located in the expanding Port of Darwin in Australia’s Northern Territory.
Utilising our global experience in supply base management, the Darwin Marine Supply Base has been designed and built by ASCO to exceptional standards, capable of servicing the current and future demands of the Australasian offshore oil and gas industry.
As well as cementing Darwin’s position as a major oil and gas hub, the Marine Supply Base is supporting offshore oil and gas developments in northern Australia, attracting new investment and business opportunities to provide support services, and creating significant new employment opportunities.
The new facility includes:
- 3 working berths with no tidal restrictions
- 4000m2 of laydown alongside each berth
- Efficient pumping rates for fuel and water
- Piped drilling bulks
- Heavy lift berth capable of operating with 500 tonne cranes
- Open and undercover storage
- Office space and facilities for external workers
- State-of-the-art security system
- Dangerous goods and waste transit bunds
With the Timor Sea area emerging as the next big frontier in oil and gas production, Darwin Maine Supply Base is well positioned to operate a world-class facility where large operators are expected to utilise the facility for their supply base operations.
The new Darwin Marine Supply Base is located less than two kilometres from our existing logistics facility within the East Arm industrial area. This facility provides a wide range of integrated support services, together with modern high-specification facilities including:
- Internal and external storage
- Tubular management and cleaning
- Inventory management
- Contained washing system
- Waste management
- 25,000m2 concrete external storage
- 5,600m2 warehouse storage
- 3,200m2 covered external storage
- 800m2 office space
All logistics services are available to suit client needs on a dedicated or ad-hoc basis.